Good teeth, good health

I always thought I was taking good care of my teeth. I brush every day and I used regularly mouthwash to fight bacteria. I have almost no fillings and I can not remember the last time I had a cavity. In fact, I often wondered why I was going to the dentist.

For various reasons, over the years, I began to get less and less to the dentist regularly. It was not much that I rejected an appointment to the dentist. When I was a kid, I had very sensitive teeth, and always cavities. To make matters worse, I realize now that I did not have a good dentist and I have suffered needlessly. I had a phobia in that regard, I admit.

I was also very cynical. I wondered why I had to endure long cleanings, X-rays pass and pay high fees to make me say that I had no cavities. Every time I went to the dentist for a check (I did not go very often, every three or four years), I wondered what I was doing Amost. I had difficulty in that I believe in me soumets such a stench of terror, plus a great many high bill. Moreover, I always feel that the cleaning was taking an eternity in addition to being particularly unpleasant. My gums bleed a lot and were sore for days. I thought it was normal after cleaning.

When it was suggested that I come back six months later, I said "that's right, yes." Passčrent several years and not one toothache. I was pretty pleased with myself.

Over time, however, I realized that I often have headaches that seemed to emanate my jaws. I often swollen lymph nodes in the neck, but doctors could not find anything wrong. I went to spend a sinus X-rays, but everything was normal Amost too. I tried massage and even acupuncture, but without success. Headaches, jaw pain and swollen glands persisted. I never thought to see the dentist about these problems until I noticed that when I eat, my teeth seemed more aligned as before. The idea of having to visit the dentist after so many years to not make me happy at all, but the symptoms that I was feeling worried most.

You probably guess what the dentist discovered? the periodontal disease. I did not know very well what it was. The dentist explained that it was a disease in which bacteria and their toxins invade not only the gums, but also bone and tissue supporting the teeth. It can damage the bones of the jaw and even cause the fall of teeth! Moreover, a relationship was established between the disease and periodontal disease. I knew nothing of it all!

It seems that my years to avoid the dentist had nothing good. I discovered that I brush your teeth correctly (and quickly in the morning, allowing bacteria to build up all night). Failure to use dental floss regularly so aggravated the problem. (I tried several times to use floss, and whenever I found myself with sore gums and blood. I did not know it was a sign Amost forerunner of gum disease, I thought I had just the gums.) Even the mouthwash that I used was not adequate to prevent the accumulation of harmful bacteria.

Fortunately for me, the disease was diagnosed relatively early, so I probably will not need surgery, even if I had to undergo a thorough cleaning consisting of scaling and root planing, a procedure which is as pleasant as its name suggests. Now I use mouthwash ordinance, I floss regularly and I brush my teeth after every meal. I use a timer even when I washed his teeth, to make sure I brush long enough. The good news in all this? My symptoms have completely disappeared!

It goes without saying that I have learned a lesson from all this experience. All of a sudden, I became a fanatic of oral health. And, paradoxically, I spent more time at the dentist in the past six months than during the decade that preceded it. Now I have more respect for dentists? I had no idea to what extent my general health was based on my oral health!